Join us for a FREE Foam Roller Clinic at Fleet Feet Sports Annapolis!
Date: Tuesday, July 31st at 6:00pm
Our instructor, Emily Hayworth, is a Physical Therapist at Fitness Forum – and has been working in outpatient orthopedics for the past 3 years treating a variety of sports injuries, as well as many spine and musculoskeletal disorders. She is an avid “foam roller” and frequently uses Foam Rollers to help aid in her patient’s recovery.
In the clinic, Emily will be demonstrating:
- Core Strengthening Exercises
- Myofascial Release Techniques and Exercises
- Stretching Exercises
The Foam Roller is known as a “runner’s best friend” because of it’s capability to:
- Increase flexibility and mobility
- Offer intense massage that elongates and lengthens muscles
- Limit and decrease soreness and tightness in muscles
- Reduce the risk of injury – especially torn or pulled muscles
- Improve Performance
- Provide a platform for core strengthening exercises
Please bring your foam roller with you to the clinic, as this will be an interactive demonstration with one-on-one help and assistance. Don’t have a foam roller? Fleet Feet Sports Annapolis is a proud seller of Trigger Point – Grid 1.0 and Grid 2.0 Foam Rollers. Pick one up before the clinic, or watch the clinic – and purchase your Foam Roller afterwards. To attend, please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Emily Hayworth graduated with her Masters in Physical Therapy from Quinnipiac University (Hamden, CT.) She’s an active runner, and frequently participants in 5k and 10k community races. She’s also an avid swing-dancer when she chooses to give her running muscles a break.