DIRECTOR OF MARKETING AND EVENTS
Position Decsription: This position will focus on reaching the Greater Annapolis community and surrounding fitness communities while driving customers into the store to reach sales goals. This position will be measured on sales growth, customer count and tickets, your ability to connect to the community, and keeping the Fleet Feet brand relevant in the market. Within the scope of this position, contribute to the company’s overall position as the leader in franchising locally owned and operated running stores that build thriving running communities.
- Marketing background and experience
- An energetic, outgoing personality with a positive attitude
- Great public speaking skills
- A creative mind and general enthusiasm for fitness
- Desire to work in a fast paced, dynamic business
- Great decision making skills
- Great communications skills
- Time management & prioritization skills
- Ability to work under pressure of deadlines
- Computer skills (i.e.: Office, Photoshop, Illustrator, video editing, web editing)
- Event planning skills with attention to detail
- A schedule that provides the opportunity to work evenings and weekends
- Work to develop, maintain and implement marketing and outreach strategies to drive and meet store sales goals.
- Manage all aspects of marketing and outreach: Digital, Medical, Corporate, Community Relations, Races/Events, In-Store Marketing Support and Training Programs.
- Provide monthly and or weekly marketing calendars to floor staff to ensure all events are forecasted and staffed (Digital, Medical, Corporate, Community Relations, Races/Events, In-Store Marketing Support and Training Programs).
- Work in conjunction with other key staff to guarantee marketing materials are relevant, especially for Digital Marketing.
- Establish and build strong rapport with industry staff, schedule check-ins and be of service to community leaders.
- Ensure Fleet Feet has a positive image in the community and corporate workplaces.
- Other duties as required and directed by Fleet Feet Annapolis to ensure the continued success of the Fleet Feet brand. These may, on occasion, be unrelated to the position described here.
- Cover all aspects of digital marketing and outreach: Medical, Corporate, Community Relations, Races/Events, In-Store Marketing Support and Training Programs.
- Create E-Newsletter content, ensuring assets are relevant to brand initiatives, events, etc.
- Ensure Fleet Feet has a positive image on all digital platforms; including but not limited to: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, E-Newsletters and Website.
- Work directly with key staff to provide relevant images, stories and content for all online platforms.
- Cover all aspects of marketing and outreach for the surrounding medical and fitness communities.
- Identify key medical practices and fitness facilities. Maintain a database with pertinent contact information.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key partners.
- Keep staff informed of reciprocal referral processes.
- Host at least one medical outreach event per year.
- Support the planning, marketing and execution of the Annual Turkey Trot (Thanksgiving morning) and Big Run (June 6, Global Running Day).
- Work directly with key staff to create, market and execute in-store events and programs such as, Docs on Call, Running Form Clinics, Yoga for Runner’s Group Workouts.
- Work to develop and maintain public relation strategies to drive and meet store sales goals.
- Build relationships with local news media (print and digital) and develop/pitch stories to keep Fleet Feet relevant in the news.
- Create and issue press releases and arrange public appearances.
- Maintain relationships with local running clubs such as Annapolis, Striders, Team RWB, and Kent Island Running Group.
Training Programs/Running Club
- Work to develop, maintain and implement outreach strategies to drive participation numbers.
- Cover all aspects of marketing and outreach, specifically for Fleet Feet Training Programs and FF Running Club.
- Provide monthly or weekly Training Programs schedule/marketing calendars to floor staff to ensure all training programs and are forecasted to staff members.
- Promote training programs to all customers and work to develop and maintain training program participants to meet personal goals.
- Promote store product to training program participants and help drive in-store sales.
- Work directly with key staff to provide a focused approach on Training Programs and Running Club outreach.
- Work to develop, maintain and implement outreach strategies to drive and meet store sales goals.
- Cover all aspects of marketing and outreach, specifically for the surrounding Corporate Companies.
- Provide monthly or weekly medical outreach marketing calendars to floor staff to ensure all corporate events and programs are forecasted and staffed.
- Promote in-store events, work-place fits and work to develop and maintain partnerships with corporate companies in the area.
- Work with other store marketing staff to provide relevant updates so Corporate Outreach can be covered on all marketing platforms.
- Ensure Fleet Feet has a positive image in the community and corporate workplace.
- Work directly with Store Manager and key staff to provide a focused approach on Corporate Outreach.
Candidate should be organized, creative, outgoing and self-motivated. Must be able to work directly with managers and sales team to drive growth and community involvement. Must be competent with digital marketing and various social media platforms. Must be able to work flexible hours which will include weekends and evenings, as well as, administrative and outreach during the day. Must be passionate about Fleet Feet Sports and living a healthy and active lifestyle.
TO APPLY: Download and fill out this form, and email it along with a resume and cover letter to Scott Broerman.
**This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.